peacock button picture

peacock button picture

Saturday, February 25, 2012

So very sad - how to be a lame blogger

Well my friends, it has been a year - yes 1 year since I last blogged.  I am such a bad puppy!!  I started this blog with such high hopes and am an epic fail!!  With that said, let's start over and I promise not to make any promises about what I will post.  You will get what you get. 

Wow so many changes in just one year. I am no longer teaching (those who know me have heard that story), I work for Weight Watchers part-time and am looking for either another teaching job or something that pays well enough to help support us.  I have been busy getting ready for another grandchild - this time a girl to be named Elsie Ruth.  I am having so much fun working on things for her nursury and will show you pictures soon.  I have been creative this year, but must admit I am not a technowizard, so I have trouble loading pictures to my computer to show you.  I must get better at this, I know.  Since I do not have any pictures of projects to show you today, the best I can do is leave you with a new recipe I tried.  I got it from pinterest and adapted it to the meat I had on hand.  It was quite tasty.  I took it over to my friend Jennifer's house yesterday for lunch.  Here it is: 

Funeral Sandwiches  (I know weird name and they won't kill you)

12-16 small rolls (I got the wheat rolls from the pricechopper bakery)
1/2 to 1 lb leftover pork roast or pork butt, chopped fine
Swiss cheese slices
barbeque sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays)
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
3 Tbsp worchestershire sauce
2 Tbsp honey mustard
2 Tbsp brown sugar
dash of onion powder

Cut the rolls in half and line the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan with the bottoms of the rolls.  Spread a thin layer of barbeque sauce on the rolls (like you would to make a sandwich).  Spread the chopped pork on the rolls then add slices of swiss cheese over the pork.  Spread a thin layer of barbeque sauce to the other part of the rolls then put them on top of the sandwiches.  Whisk together the melted butter, worchestershire sauce, mustard, brown sugar and onion powder.  Pour the whole works over the buns, cover the tops of each one.  Use it all - it is good!!  Cover tightly and marinade anywhere from 4-24 hours.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Bake for 15-20 minutes, covered with foil, then uncover and bake about 10 more minutes.  Tops should brown slightly and get a little crispy.  Delicious! 

Talk to you soon.................

No comments:

Post a Comment