peacock button picture

peacock button picture

Sunday, January 23, 2011

FINALLY! A new blog

My first sewing project in January 2011



This is the back view
This is the front view - I call it the
 TACO purse.  Do you see it?
My first pin cushion - it is a BUG!

This is a very pretty jewelry bag






This is my NEW camara case that I made
 for my camara.
These are going to be made into pin
 cushions next. I bought the glass bowl
 for $.49 and the metal leaf for $.99 at
the thrift store.  Can't wait!
I love this basket I made.
This is for my "GrandDOG" - it
is a bag holder for - you know.
And here is the basket with muffins in it!
This is a lunch bag - I think next time I
 will use lighter weight interfacing

So here are the finished (and unfinished ) projects I have been promising.  It took me alot longer to get the pictures taken than I thought it would - sorry.  Alot of these were taken from the 2011 Sewing Calendar edited by Megan Smith.  Gotta give credit where credit is due.  A few are things I got from the internet and from now on I will try to only post about one per post.  I want you to know that there are other things I have also sewn for people this month among them are:  adding a ruffled layer to a dress for a high school vocal teacher's student, fixing the straps for my daughter's friend's chamber choir dress, hemming two pairs of pants for another friend, and whenever I am not doing anything else I have been making yoyos for a "something" I am making.  I am not sure what it will be yet but I just learned how to make yoyos and I am having fun designing it - whatever it turns out to be!  Well gotta go for now, but next time there will be a recipe for you to try.  TTFN!!

1 comment:

  1. How do you do all these amazing things? I want to be able to do this stuff!

    ReplyDelete