peacock button picture

peacock button picture

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Two of my favorite Weight Watcher recipes

I have been getting so many requests for delicious recipes that I decided to use this blog today to give you two of them.  So here are two of my favorites:
Laughing Cow Chicken
1 pound skinless boneless chicken breasts
8 slices deli-style fat-free ham slices
4 wedges Laughing Cow Cheese - any flavor
1/4 package shake n bake - chicken (you can substitute italian bread crumbs, but it is not near as good)

1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2.  Place each chicken breast between 2 pieces of wax paper and pound to 1/4 inch thick (or you can slice each breast almost in half length-wise).
3.  Place 2 slices of ham and one wedge of cheese on each chicken breast.  I then flatten the cheese out so it spreads across the width of the breast.
4.  Roll chicken up.  Roll in the shake n bake and then secure with a toothpick.
5.  Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and then lay chicken breasts on the cookie sheet.
6.  Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is browned.
Delicious!!  Serves 4 and was 5 points, but I am going to guess about 8 points plus

Ginger Hoisin Burgers with Asian Slaw
1 pound ground lean beef (7 % fat or less)
1/4 cup dried bread crumbs (you can use plain or italian - both good)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon Hoisin Sauce (this is with the asian foods in the grocery store)
2 Tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 Tablespoon lime juice
1 Tablespoon honey
4 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage OR instead of these next 3 items use a bag of slaw like I do
4 radishes
1 carrot, shredded

1.  Combine beef, bread crumbs, onion, 1/4 cup of hoisin sauce and soy sauce in a medium bowl.  With damp hands, shape mixture into 4 1/2 inch thick patties.
2.  Spray a medium nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat.  Add patties and cook 5-6 minutes on each side, or until your preferred doneness.
3.  Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining 1 Tablespoon of hoisin sauce, lime juice and honey in a large bowl.  Add the cabbage, radishes and carrots (or bag of slaw - I promise this is so much easier!) and toss to combine. 
4.  To serve we eat them on the thins type buns and add the slaw on top of the burger. 

Even my picky eater Kaitlyn loves these!!
This recipe used to be 5 points per serving and serves 4, but now is probably 8 points plus.  The thin bun adds on an extra 3 plus points for a total of 11 plus points.

Please let me know what you think of these recipes and ideas of other recipes you might be interested in.  I have lots of tried and true recipes that are working for my family.  Bon Appetit!



1 comment:

  1. I want a good recipe for fried noodles and meatballs, like our Mother used to make.
    Probably a million points in Weight Watchers lingo, but I don't care.
    I love ya, Sister, and like your blog-

    ReplyDelete